Vaping, or using electronic cigarettes, is one of the best ways to quit smoking. It allows you the satisfaction of having a smoke while giving you the choice to tone down the nicotine content in your e-liquid little by little. This helps you slowly ease off of your body’s dependence on nicotine, instead of suffering the horrible consequences of quitting cold turkey. Now, before you look for the best portable vaporizer to get you started, here are a few simple steps on vaping to prepare you for the journey.
- Know the Pros and Cons
The biggest advantage to vaping is its health benefits. While cigarettes contain hundreds of harmful chemicals, vaporizer pens such as the cloud pen 2.0, only contain trace elements of these. Another great plus to vaping is the customisability of it. You can choose how much nicotine goes into your e-liquid, and you can even opt for nicotine-free e-liquid.
Perhaps an immediate disadvantage to purchasing electronic cigarettes is that building a kit can be a little costly. However, if you take care of your kit and clean it properly every so often, it will save you money in the future, as you will save the money you would otherwise have spent buying cigarettes.
- Master the Terms
Smokers of e-cigs and vaporizers have sort of built their own language surrounding this hobby. If you’re going to get into vaping, it’s best to learn some of the most used terms so that you don’t get confused when you ask the seller questions.
- Mod – homemade potable vaporizer
- Topping off – dropping e-liquid drops into your cartomizer
- Dripping – vaping by adding drops of e-liquid onto the atomizer directly
- Pull – done when you suck on mouthpiece to “pull” the vapor or smoke into your mouth
- Build Your Kit
- Tank – This is where the liquid is stored. You can purchase e-liquid or eJuice from the store that sells your vape pen and equipment as well.
- Atomizer – This is the piece that heats up the juice. By heating up the juice, it turns into vapor, which is then inhaled by the smoker.
- Drip Tip – This is part of the mouthpiece. It is where you inhale the smoke.
- Cartomizer – This a combination of an atomizer and a tank
- Battery Charger – This charges your vape pen. It can be plugged into a socket or to thecomputer via USB.
- Buying e-liquid or e-juice
E-liquid is what is used to drop into the tank. It contains Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Flavoring, and Nicotine. The e-liquid is the best part about using a vape pen instead of a cigarette, because aside from being able to choose your level of nicotine, you can also choose from a wide variety of flavors. e-liquidflavors range from fruity, like apple, blueberry, and banana, to really specific ones like buttered popcorn, chocolate, and even gummy bear.
Once you’ve charged up your vape pen, you are now ready to get started. Be prepared for an experience that is both different and similar to smoking a cigarette. It may be a bit of a struggle to get used to smoking a vape pen as the vapor comes in faster and more easily into your lungs than smoke does when smoking a cigarette. It is advisable that you smoke slowly and steadily on your first few tries.
- Keeping Your Kit Clean
If you want to make sure you’ve got the best portable vaporizer on hand always, you have to be the one to maintain its quality by cleaning it regularly. Here are some simple tips on maintaining your vaporizer pen:
- Prepare paper towels, tweezers, and some cotton buds
- Unscrew each piece on top of a table
- Roll a paper towel into a thin string and push the towel up into the drip tip to clean up any liquid that might have got stuck inside
- Wipe the threads of your atomizer with a paper towel to clean away any excess build-up
- With a cotton bud, swab away the build-up on the inside of your atomizer
- For a deeper clean, hold the atomizer with a tweezer and pour hot water into This will melt away any excess.
- Make sure each piece is dry before you use the vape pen again.