After significant investments in the production of “green” recycled aluminium, EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations) for integrated architectural systems and the honorary distinction “Most Sustainable Company in Greece 2022” as a company representing the model of sustainable development, ALUMIL now becomes the first Greek company of architectural aluminum systems to receive the international Cradle to Cradle (C2C) certification for the sustainability of its products. Specifically, a total of 34 systems – including curtain walls, hinged and sliding door and window systems as well as a folding door system – have received C2C certification. This particularly important accreditation is the culmination of ALUMIL’s efforts and actions to consolidate a business strategy closely linked to the values of sustainability and circular economy.
Cradle to Cradle Certified® is the global standard for safe, circular and responsibly produced products. Leading brands, retailers, designers and manufacturers across the value chain rely on the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard to ensure their products have a positive impact on people and the planet. Through a thorough and complex evaluation process, ALUMIL received a Silver level certification based on the following five criteria:
- Material health: Determine the chemical composition of the materials that make up the product and ensure that the materials are safe for humans and the environment.
- Circularity of the product: Enable a circular economy through regenerative products and process design.
- Clean air and climate protection: Protect clean air, promote renewable energy and reduce harmful emissions.
- Water and Soil Stewardship: Preservation of clean water and healthy soils.
- Social Equity: Respect human rights, contribute to a fair and just society and implement fair labor practices.
With the Cradle to Cradle certification, ALUMIL opens new perspectives for participation in projects respecting the principles of Sustainable Building and Bioclimatic Architecture, for “green” buildings with high energy efficiency. But above all, with this significant certification, ALUMIL takes another step towards the destination of “Construction Excellence”, which is inextricably linked to the company’s sustainable development and its vision of a future where people and the environment will be the main concern. .
Alumil Aluminum Industry SA published this content on May 05, 2022 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Audienceunedited and unmodified, on May 05, 2022 07:13:08 UTC.